Monday, February 9, 2009

Whew made it thru the weekend

Made it thru the weekend and my call nite Sat. I worked from 6pm to 3:30am. I had to keep telling myself I am making good money, But it was so hard being so tired.
I didnt get called in yesterday. Thank god. I was whooped.
I didnt get anything done but finish reading a book. My 1st book I have bought in forever and finished it. Yeah. It was called Sisters and it was about 4 sisters and what they went thru when their mom died and their sister became blind. I didnt want it to end. I got to the last page and paragraph and was so bummed it was over.
I mainly only read when I am in the bathroom. So it takes a little while to get thru a book. I slept like crap last nite with my call throwing my sleep off. I got 3 hours of sleep.
We have been getting snow since Sat nite and it will continue til the am tomorrow and another storm is coming after that. 18 inches out of this storm. The roads suck big time. The plows are having a hard time keeping up with it. There was a bad wreck on my way home. So I am home and not getting back out. I did however shovel the snow in front of my garage and walk way before it turns to ice. Got alittle smart.
I did however get my car's oil and filters changed and unfortuately the brack pads and rotors. $458.00 later. Damn. But at lease I am safe and my vehicle is in good shape. No car payment and trying to keep it that way. I know the owners and they come and get my car while I am at work and pick me up. That way I dont have to do it on my day off. So now my car is good for another 6,000 miles using synthetic oil. Woohoo.
Work stayed busy, got all of our hours in. Woohoo on that.
I am looking forward to the weekend and seeing JJ. It will be our 3 year anniversary. I truely hope its not our last but I will enjoy it for now. No craziness this last 2 weeks. Thank God!
Well off to enjoy my 7&7 and watch it snow snow snow!!!

2 comments:

BlondeBlogger said...

We're having the complete opposite here in VA weather-wise. It's felt like spring here...such a tease! Happy anniversary!

HuntereR said...

aw, just in time for valentines day.
I'm doing mine early 'thursday) lol.

I remember reading "fear and loathing in las vegas", and I thought I had 30 pages left, then I turned the page and it was the last. The last 30 pages were revision notes for studying, I was totally bummed by that.