I woke up to finding out an old friend died. His name was Glenn. I worked with him back at my old hospital. He was an OR nurse and we worked the evenings together. He had beaten lung cancer and was living on one lung for the longest time. I guess he couldnt do it anymore. I heard that the last few years he was using an electric cart to get around at work. He is now at rest. Very sad.
I remember some funny stuff he did. He was into magic. He had a dummy made up to look just like him. One nite I walked back into the recovery room and he had it laying on a stretcher. I screamed when I saw it because I didnt know that it was fake at the time. We would pull tricks on each other all the time. He was great to talk to about our relationships and just waiting on cases.
RIP my dear old friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You know he was fighting for life for awhile and I admire his persistence. It was a sad day here yesterday. Everyone was touched by him in one way or another.
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like he's at peace now.
Thanks. I just found out and I am very sad over this. I loved working with him and he was a friend to me while I was there. I saw once or twice after I left there when I went to visit. I am truely so sad.
Post a Comment