Monday, March 23, 2009

Committment

Biker, I tried to call you at your house but you didnt answer and I didnt have your cell phone. I wanted to tell you this on the phone but here I go.
Well I am excited and still alittle in shock but my honey proposed to me sat nite. I was not expecting that at all. We came home after going out Sat to the barbeque and were going to bed and he said Letera, Will you Marry me. I went whattttttttt. I just looked at him and he got really close to me so he could look into my eyes and said please Marry me. I love you so much, please say yes. I said why do you want to marry me. He said we are good together. I told him I cant do this right now. It would be later on. We have to get thru this year of me selling my house and the trials. Then we could get a place together and live together. After he was so sweet. I never took my eyes away from his and I said, yes I will be your wife. He said its official we are engaged. No ring right now so its more of a committment towards our future. He then went on to saying how his family loves me and his girls love me and he wants to meet my mom and dad and talk to them about being with me. He wants us to send out invitations so that everybody could be there. He didnt do that the last time and he wants to do it right. I was so touched. He also mentioned how he knows he screwed up and how he hurt me and never wants to ever hurt me again. He wants to spend the rest of his life with me. We both love each other so much. I really believe its meant to be. So I now know where my future is going. And it will be most likely Phoenix for now. That might be the safest and with the girls being there then it would be a good thing. Temporary.
We had a fabulous weekend together. We enjoyed each other in every way imaginable well almost. lol. It sucked having to leave on Sunday. We didnt want our time together to end. This will soon be a blur.
So anyway there you go, I am engaged. Wow. Never thought I would ever think of doing this again. Crazy! I will probably be around 51 to 52 when I do it. I am following in my friend Val's footsteps. She is married to a man 15 years her younger and she got married at 50. She is very happy.
Well off to chill on the couch.

5 comments:

Terri said...

WOW! I'm really excited for you and I think you will be perfect together. He definitely makes you happy and that is what it is all about. Don't get hung up on all the BS of age, location, etc...just do what feels right and from your writings here, I think you know what that is. You are meant to be together. I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

Small Town City Girl said...

Congrats!!! I know you both must be so thrilled and excited! I'm glad you found someone who makes you happy and who you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Letera said...

Thanks alot. I am happy with him. I truely love him so much. He makes me very happy and thats what matters.

Fox In Detox said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. It sounds like a good move, and I'm sure you'll be very happy.

Ciara said...

Oh my God SOOOOOO EXCITING. Congrats. I'm just catching up on my blog reading cos was sick last week, sorry for the delayed reaction :oD.
Thats excellent, congrats.