I forgo the festivities of St Patty's day to paint the 1st coat of paint in the sunroom and I am so glad. I cant believe the difference in the room. Went from a bold blue to tan. This morning I cant believe the difference in how inviting the room is now. Very calming. I used almost a gallon of paint to do the 1st coat so I need to go buy another gal of paint. So that tells me that the 2 bedrooms that I still need to paint will take 2 gals each. Damn. Oh well.
I am moving slowly today. Tired. I have had my morning coffee. So that has helped. Going to eat a bowl of cereal and get started on the day of painting. I know even after the 2nd coat I will need to touch up the ceiling and some other areas. No biggie. It will be worth it. I also will spray paint the wicker chair and table to put in there. With some new blinds and the wicker w/ a lamp and a plant in that room. It will be very inviting. Excited about finishing that room.
I was at Dido's yesterday and she is getting rid of a box spring and mattress from a day bed. I am going to take it. Its a twin size so I can go to a use store and look for a base with a head board, nothing to expensive and use that in the guess bedroom. Will make the room look bigger and stage that room. Oh I love HGTV. So many great ideas.
In fact yesterday I was at work and we have this volunteer who answers the phone. She is a retired math teacher. She got her pilots license since she has retired. I think she is in her late 60's. I like her alot but we were talking about what I am doing to the house and I mentioned about staging and she asked who is going to stage it for you, are you hiring someone. I said heck no, I am doing it myself. I watch alot of HGTV. I had to laugh. That channel is awesome.
Monday was Mojito Monday. A group of us went downtown to this place called rendevous where they have $5.00 Mojito's on Monday. One of the anesthesiologist showed up and he ended up picking up our tab. We invited him to our next one on the 30th. Told him we were going to celebrate my birthday and we would buy him a drink or two or 3. He was the floorwalker the next day so we all thanked him. I think the next time I see him I am going to buy him a cup of coffee from late from the train. I didnt like him when he 1st started but he has grown on us at work.
My neighbor left to go see her husband graduate from the fbi school in Washington DC or virginia, which ever state it is in. He has been gone for the last several months. I am happy for them. They plan on trying to sell their house this year and move also. Their house is a different set up from mine.
Well off to enjoy getting stuff done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment