Monday, February 18, 2008

Crazy Crazy

Well the weekend turned out great. It was hard getting up early Sat, I slept like crap and was exhausted. So getting up at 4am sucked. Drove thru ice, darkness, and fog big time. What would have took a little under 2 hours to drive to phoenix took from 5:15am to 8am. But we made it safe and found the place pretty easy. The area that the hotel was in was beautiful! Except we went for warmth and it stayed overcast and cold all day til we were leaving. Going to the physician's conference is different the a nurse's conference. They are totally interested in statistics and numbers and research. The nurse conference is about how to do things, things to expect, research also but in a different way, etc. Didnt get alot out of the conference itself. There was one comment that I found interesting was that this doc who mainly does research was talking about pain control and surgery and there was sentence that made me make a comment out loud was that patients and nurses have this idea that surgery is pain free. I gasp. The reason most patients have that thought because the doctor who is doing there surgery tells them this wont hurt much otherwise nurses tell the patient, you are having surgery it is going to hurt. Left a bad taste in my mouth. Thought you need to rethink this because this comment was wrong.
Anyway at 3 took off and came back up to Flag to get ready for the concert to see Willie. Dido and B went w/ me because an extra ticket became available, Then my director comes up and says I have an extra ticket and so I called JJ and he was 30mins away from there so I bought him a extra ticket and he got to go. He only missed about 15 mins of the concert. The guys were all the way in the back and Dido had 8th row middle seats. It wasnt a big place which was nice. The concert was awesome. He put on a great show. He was so good live. The guy who got me these tickets is friends w/ the drummer from the band and so my tickets were directly from the band. I also got a pic from the superbowl sunday that Willie used when he played at the pre game. Too cool. Whats crazy is all the band except for Willie had the flu, they called Lan, and Lan called one of our docs. He was in telluride skiing and he called in prescriptions for Vit B shots for Lan to give all of them. All in all it turned out to be an awesome concert and so glad that JJ got to go also.
I did stay at his place and it was so nice waking up w/ him. We got up and went out to breakfast and then he picked up a pizza for us for dinner and met back at my place. He pulled my dishwasher out and found the copper pipe where it connected was leaking. So he fixed it and no more leak. Wont take a chance and run it again til after the appraiser gets here tomorrow. He stayed the night and left when I left for work this am.
Work was real slow. There was only 15 people on the schedule so they cancelled several people. So I got off work and went and worked out. Felt good. Sore but good. Was going to be a cleaning fool but instead because I was so tired, came home and took a nap, got something to eat. I did get up and start vacumning again the stuff I couldnt get up w/ the regular vacumn, just used the hose and now I am going to work on the sun room and vacumn the floor in there and put a piece of wood back in place where the doggie door is. Also on to cleaning the bathrooms, my bedroom, and mop the floors. I did get the dusting done in the living room. That was major.
And the craziest thing is I just heard from Jenny and B is coming back to town. Her ex is also going to sign the papers for her to move out of the state. I told her that if this is what makes you happy then fine, but it will take a while before I warm back up to him. Ever since Terry did what he did to me I am so leary of people doing this kind of shit. I just told her you better be cautious. He might be calling JJ about renting a room from him. Thats fine that will help JJ financially so he is not paying everything on his own. Speaking of that JJ talked to his boss today and they are going to leave him here for now and continue to make sure he gets his hours. So I am glad.
So there you go crazy crazy! Well on to get my ass in gear and clean!

1 comment:

TamTam said...

I haven't been to a concert in too long! Sounds like you had fun!