I am good! My parents didnt have a clue. I totally surprised them. My mom cried. They were very happy that I came home. It was a short trip but it was sweet. Really a great weekend.
I left here on Thursday after Jason came by to say bye. That was so nice. I got all my stuff together and left out by 4 or so. I just wasn't going to stress. Didnt forget a thing. Thats amazing. Got to the hotel and Sher met me there to go to dinner. There is a really good chinese resturant. They wonton soup is the best, lots of vegies, shrimp, and pork. Yummmy! Not expensive. It was so good to spend time like that with her to just talk about everything.
Got up at 4am. Too fricken early but had to be on the interstate by 5 or so, the traffic is already getting thick. Amazing. But I made it to the airport by 6. Perfect. Southwest Airlines is very efficient. They do a great job in a timely manner. We stopped in El Paso and I changed planes in Dallas. Finally, got to Lubbock. Val picked me up. We went to my favorite resturant Mi Tio's. There Maximo's are the bomb! Only drank one, strong. Checked into the Quality Inn off of 34th and the loop, west side of town. You can tell its new. It has that smell in the hallways. You know we basically hung out in the room, took naps, and went to Slotsky's. Yummy! Went back and just hung out. It was perfect.
Sat got up and we had gotten extra coffee for the room and had bought some irish cream and made several pots. Small coffee pot and small cups. So hense several pots.
Finally made our way to my parents house. Whats funny is that my mom wasnt going to do anything and she was ready to go shopping. We went to Burlington's and found some nice new luggage. It had 3 pieces for $59.99. Got it home and each piece had a price tag on them but the chick at the store opened them up and looked at them. The original price for the 3 pieces was $300.00. Amazing. My mom gave that to me as part of my christmas gift. I said it could just be my whole gift but my mom cant do that. I love them, pretty almost wine color but lighter, doesnt look like anyone elses, and made well. Really nice lining. So if anyone is looking for luggage, check it out. I finally found curtains for my living room. Each panel was only $9.99 a piece. Really kool looking. The colors blend w/ a browning color to an orangisn color to yellowish color. Colors in those families of colors.
My plan is to buy rods that only get put at the end of the windowns and come in towards the middle but stop after say 20 to 24inches each. So I would only hang one panel on each end of the windows. This way I dont block my windowns and my views of outside. It will be the final touch on that room. I will take pics and email them to you. It will really good. Its only taken my over 7 years of living here to finally decide what to do and what colors. Burlington is the bomb. They have some great texures and colors that I havent seen hardly any where else. So there is another tip for those of you who live in Lubbock!
Anyway, Sheila came to pick me up. Got to go to the Cattle Baron. I just love that resturant. Their salad bar is always so fresh and their steaks are really good. I love the atmosphere is great. Great to see her. She is so crazy and funny. We just had such a great time together talking and laughing. We went to Cafe J's. They make great Godiva Chocalate Martini's. Oh my god I only had 2, kicked my ass. But man were they smooth. Got to see her new place. Very nice. I really like it. Warm and cozy. Shortly after she took me back to my parents place to crash.
Sunday got to go to the Golden Corral w/ the folks and meet Biker there and Sheila. It was so great to get to see Biker. Wish there had been more time but I was so happy for the time I got w/ you. Breakfast was good.
Later that day my Dad and I went to Buffallo Wild Wings to watch Dallas vs Giants. Great game by the Way. Go Dallas! I was a bad influence I guess. My dad got drunk and bought cigarrettes. He had the best time. My mom didnt know about the cigs. She was glad we had gotten to go and I spent time w/ my dad. We had a great time. It was alot of fun. Its so funny to think I am the daughter who go drinks beer and watches football and my brother doesnt. You would think it was the son who did that but not in my family. Thats find. I love doing that type of stuff.
My plane the next morning was delayed due to fog. twice in a row on fog. Amazing for Lubbock. I sat at the bar and had a bloody and met 2 guys from Phoenix. They were a couple and they were great to talk to. Not flaming just everyday people. They invited me to sit w/ them to phoenix. It made the time go by.
So all in all it was a great trip. Got home, my neighbor planted more flowers in my garden. I brought back a good bottle of wine. Anyway I will quit for now.
Well off to pay bills and unpack. I am getting a massage at 1:15 for an hour and 1/2. In fact I will go online and have the money put in my checking from my insurance to pay for it. Nice thing w/ this. Massages go toward the deductable. Too nice. No receipt or doctors note. I recommend Health Savings Account any day for insurance. Good investment.
Hope all are having a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, I've been doing the health savings account for a long time. It's such a great deal.
Man! That was a quick trip! Glad everything went well!
Post a Comment