Thursday, July 30, 2009

What a week

I look back at my last blog and laugh because yesterday made me feel like I worked a whole week in one day. It was so busy at work, lots of surgeries coming out all around the same time and its a balancing act at the same time. The way the day went and how people woke up and things that happened, we were joking later, what was the deal, Were the planets aligned in a certain way and the moon in another or what. People woke up crazy. I walked in and took over on 2 people from my charge nurse. The one patient was just acting wierd. She didnt feel good and felt anxious. Understandable she was waking up from general anesthesia. By the time I got there she got a breathing treatment and the anesthesiologist came back over and we ordered a chest xray and it was clear, lungs were clear. Gave her some medicine to relax her. She went back to sleep and was doing great. Vital signs stable, etc, etc, etc. She was awake, moving, taking in ice chips. She moved over to her own bed when she got to the floor and with in an hour her nurse calls me and tells me she cant move. Then she is not breathing well. She is paralysed. They are putting a tube in her and taking her to icu. I have never in all my years as a nurse had this happen. Well I was so worried because I am thinking what did I miss. Did she throw a blood clot that became dislodged or what. Was there anything I could have done differently. I worried all day. Finally the anesthesiologist came and found me and told me all her tests came back negative and that the sedation was turned off and she was moving. No explanation for what happened. When he told me she was doing better I felt like the biggest weight was lifted off my shoulder. At the same time I worried about her just the same and wonder how she is doing today. Then my last patient of the day starts having tightness below her heart and I am really thinking what the fuck. I can not believe my day is ending this way. It ended up being her stomach thank god. They sent me home a little early and I went for a walk with elly. I was exhausted. My period started, sorry hunterer if you are reading this, and so from everything that happended I was just exhausted. I decided after my walk I wasnt cooking. I went the place by my house and had a couple Alaskan ambers, my favorite, and a barbeque sandwich. The sandwich wasnt that great, dry and kind of burnt but still the same took care of what I needed and I went home and just layed on the couch. I was in bed crashed by 8:30. Woke up at 2, 4, 5, and 6am. Took an ambien so I could get some deep sleep. Had wierd dreams. Crazy Crazy.
So I am trying to get my self going. Deciding on what to get done today. Bunco is tonight. My friends daughter is coming over later to work on the yard for me. Thank god, my allergies are kicking my ass. The weeds will be gone. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!
I need to get boxes and stuff to the storage unit. Get it out of the house so I can see where I am at with things. I did find a comforter and curtains for the guess bedroom so I dont have to worry about that. Woohoo on that.
I also need to take care of bills since I get paid tomorrow.
Back to work tomorrow thru Tuesday. Working this weekend, good money!

No comments: