Question of the day or probably week for me, Why do we keep stuff? I love that show Clean Sweep on TLC. I love everything about the show. I really think Eric is hot cabinet maker. He cracked me up this morning because he kept telling himself he could it, and then he is becoming louder as he says it and it was just funny. I also love how they clear out a room and have 3 piles, keep, sell, and toss. Then after you do it the 1st time, you make a new pile for the keep and put more in the sell pile. The guy who goes thru that stuff goes thru the emotional reason of why we keep stuff and what purpose or value this piece has. Then they decorate the room and make it functional. Its a good motivator to me. It has felt good to do that. My stuff I put in the sell pile as they say is the donate pile. I am only going to sell the big pieces and get rid of the stuff. Before the end of the year take the donate stuff and get a receipt for tax deduction.
The emotional stuff that goes w/ the stuff has been interesting for me in going thru my stuff and why did I buy that or if it was given to me. I hardly get rid of the gifts because I have been very fortuate in what friends and family have given me.
I put in a pile these dry flowers in a wicker vase. It was from when I went to the old slave market in downtown Charleston with this girl, Mary. We did so many drugs. Pure and simple. We had the best time and just laughed our assess off. I was 22 or 23 at the time. The day was good til the night when I had to go home and I drove. It was aweful and I remember getting to the house and Terry and our neighbor Mundy were going out downtown and I begged him not to leave me. He didnt go and then I spent 1/2 the night cleaning and scrubbing the kitchen. Nuts, absolutely nuts. I found out later she screwed my husband one night when she came over and they drugged my drink and they went at it in the livingroom while I was passed out in the bedroom. I didnt find out tile years later. Man I will tell you I was an idiot for staying w/ Terry. When I look back at the things he did what was I thinking. I was so young and didnt know any better back then. Things truely werent spoken about as much as today for sure. So I decided that along w/ the happy was the aweful. So needless to say it went in the donate pile.
This truely is a great thing that I am doing this. It is a great way to get rid of those emotions and the crap. Good therapy.
Onto other things. Got a bonus yeaterday as thank you for doing such a great job from the CEO. There are 2 sister hospitals that share computers,ect and so everyone in both places got a bonus. $450.00 before taxes. It came to $281.00 after taxes. That was great timing, in between paychecks. Went and deposit this and it help pay for my hair.
The anesthesia department give us an annual barbeque. This year instead of going thru the cafeteria they went w/ a local place from downtown. Had brisket and ribs and the fixins. It was yummy.
Went and got my hair done and it came out so pretty and sexy. I love it. I went out to a christmas party downtown. I walked in and was center of attention. They were doing gifts when I walked in and then you get a number. Well my number was the one they were on. So I have to tell who I am and what class I go to and sit in front of everybody and open a gift. There are a good 30 people staring at me. And my teacher tells everyone to compliment me on my hair since I just got it done. Talk about being put on the spot. Didnt expect to walk in on this. But I got this cool gift of champaine and different chocalates. I was so excited and it got stolen. I didnt know I could steal a gift. I ended up w/ these 2 really pretty painted ornaments in really cool containers. Love it. I stayed for one drink. I was so exhausted. I wanted to be home.
This week was absolutely exhausting. It was so busy. I decided not to go anywhere this morning. I just wanted to drink a cup of coffee and relax. I cant believe looking out my window at all the snow still. This rarely happens that it lasts for awhile. I really hope we have a white christmas. Thats what I want for Christmas.
Oh Biker I got your card and letter. Thank you so much I just loved it. Its beautiful. It was made w/ love and it shows. Again thank you.
I have somewhat of a busy day ahead of me. I have to make a side dish for my christmas party. I am going to look for a recipe w/ the ingredients I have at the house. I cant wait to wear this outfit that I bought this top and pants this last year. The top is grey and white sleeveless that is dressy. The pants are the one I bought to wear to "O" in vegas that are flowy and nice. And to top it off I have a black velvet jacket w/ this Dolphin pin that is shiny. I also have these beautiful black dressy earings and bracelet that I bought in Florida last year. I was so excited to dress up and look really nice and my guy wont be there after all. He had to stay out of town again to work today. He wont be home til 8 tonight. He was truely so disappointed that he wasnt going w/ me. He likes to dress up. Have my hair and makeup done up. Jen gave me the idea to take a pic of myself and blow it up and put it in a frame for JJ. And I guess my parents, too. They would like that to.
I also told him he cant move to California. I have missed him alot. I could handle him being gone for a few days w/ his job because he would be coming back to me but if he moves to Cali then that wouldnt be the case. So time will tell what happens. Cant keep thinking about it today. Anyway love the holidays.
Hope your weekend is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment