Sunday, December 16, 2007

Turned out well!

My man got to go w/ me to my christmas party. His job cancelled and so he got back early enough so we could go. I looked really nice and he dressed up also and we got there and no body dressed up. Nice sweaters and jeans. I didnt know it wouldn't be dressy. But it was still nice. We did a gift exchange that was funny. Our gift price limit was $20.00 and so I bought a really nice gift. We do our gift exchange to the poem about Santa and all throught the house. I get a puzzle. One of the ladies grandson was included. He brought his own gift. It was the puzzle. So needless to say I was alittle disappointed. It didnt really matter. I guess. I left it at my charge nurses's house. It started supposely at 4 but most people came around 5pm. There was so much traffice, Graduation weekend and Snowbowl is opened for skiing and snow boarding. Crazy Crazy.
I did stay at JJ's last night and spend the night w/ him. He had to get up at 5:30 for work. I stayed in his bed and slept for alittle while longer and finally headed to the house around 8 this morning.
My Game is on at 2pm here. Dallas against Eagles. It will be a good game. So my chore of the day is to clear off my big table to make my blanket. I found the material in the closet. So I want to get that done. And then decorate the table for christmas. I have this really beautiful white table cloth my mom gave me and several mats that are green w/ a red flower in the middle. I also have on the table the candle holder that biker gave me. So I am spreading the christmas spirit to the front of the house.
Oh the court date is Thursday at 2pm to decide if Jr moves back to California. Ashame just Ashame. I truely do wish him the best but dont know if that will be in the cards for him. So this kid could be out of here by next weekend. If he is, as hard as this has been on the 2 of them, it will have to feel like a weight lifted at the same time. I dont know I am not a parent and so I just know this has to feel terrible.
I am going to try to get off on Christmas eve so him and I can go down to see the girls and take them out to lunch and give them their gifts. Spend time w/ them. Then come back up and make christmas dinner of a honey spiral ham. Yummmmmmmmy. We will spend it at my home. Maybe invite Jen and Brent over for dinner. We will see, crazy time of the year. Just not enough time w/ eveybody becoming so busy w/ Christmas.
I am on call next weekend before and I am working Christmas day at 6am. Double time, good money and my call this weekend will all be on the same check along w/ Christmas day. Need it before New Years eve weekend. JJ and I are going to Tempe for a concert at our favorite place to see concerts. It would be cool to stay at a place we have wanted to stay at just him and I. Not for the kiddo's. I am in total agreement w/ him on that one. I am excited about the new year ahead. I really am. Will go into that as we get closer.
Well off to get busy on the front room and pull out the material. Kool a new blanket that I will have made, and warm!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Well, I would always rather be over dressed than under dressed so I'm sure you were fine at the party. I hope everything goes well at the hearing on Thursday. Good luck!