Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year's Eve!

Happy New Year's Eve! I cant believe tomorrow is 2008. Damn that means I turn 48 this year. Damn Time has flown by to fast. I looked back and it has been a week since I posted. Not like me. Oh well. Life has been busy. Very tiring.
By Friday I was so exhausted and burned out that I told everyone I am not leaving my house on Sat and I didnt. I just couldnt. I felt so much better sleeping in.
Friday Elly and Dido and I met up at this place called Rendevous, downtown. Bar and they sell baked good. Interesting combo. Right on the corner w/ lots of glass to enjoy the warm sun on our back. It felt so good. We had the best time. We started out w/ martini's, of course mine was chocolate. It was so good. They even added expresso. Moved on to mojito's. Had a pomegrate. Yummy!!!. Then last was expresso w/ 2 shots of baileys. Buzzed and had a little energy to finish out the day in town. It was so fun hanging out w/ them. We laughed our asses off. It was great. After our visit I met up w/ JJ at his apartment for a little bit. I was too tired to have sex. Not like me but my brain was so fried from the last 2 weeks. No energy. We talked about our weekend and our plans. I left his place and got me take out chinese and came home and just lounged on the couch til 8pm and went to bed to crash. JJ got to meet up w/ some guy friends later that evening so he would call to check in as I would call it. He truely is not Terry. He called and let me know when he got in so I wouldnt worry about him. Hell I really didnt because I was so out of it. I have really learned alot about my reactions in the last year. Before when he went out I had these wierd feelings but not that night. I know things will come up and actually I will tell you about a wierd feeling that came up this morning on our way back from phoenix. Not yet though.
I was hoping he was coming over Sat evening but instead he surprized me and came over Sat at around lunch time. He brought over stuff to cook for dinner also. W/O Jr things are just easier. More relaxed. The Direct tv people were suppose to come to the house between 12 to 4pm. Came at 4:30. They were up here in Flagstaff installing since 8 from PHoenix. They still had one more to do. I think personally they over book these guys. But I got my new receiver w/ tivo installed and I am loving my new system and my living room. Watched the patriots and giants Sat nite and it was so good. I love my new tv. I slept terrible that night when we went to bed. The phone rang one ring 3 different times during the night. I woke up ever frickin hour. I was exhausted the next morning. We got up and went down to see the girls. Took them to the new movie Walk Hard. Not a kid movie. Lots of sexually explicit stuff. JJ had no idea. I didnt either. Not appropriate but we left after the movie and went out to lunch. I told them the next time that wouldnt happen again. Once Lunch was over we took them home and headed to Tempe and checked in our room. Stinked of cigarettes. Yuck. For a Motel 6 they redid the rooms so it looked nicer and the bed was comfortable but the smell was aweful. Reminded me of how Terry always smelled. Discusting. Dont miss that smell at all. We got to rest and got dressed for the concert and headed over. It is cool out at night but not siberia like here. The concert was awesome. Had a great time. Nashville Pussy was awesome. Its 2 guys and 2 girls. One guy plays drums and the other guitar, the 2 girls play lead guitar and bass. They rocked. I thought these guys have it good, stand on stage w/ 2 hot girls and they can play guitars like no one's business. Hank III was not performing due to sickness. Reverend Horton Heat played w/ a special guest, Lemmy from Motorhead. They jammed. Oh my god, the concert was awesome. Had a great time. Well we didnt stay for them to come back out because JJ needed some sleep since he had to work today. Normally he doesnt work before the holiday but at the last minute they told him on Friday he had to work. So we got back to the hotel close to midnight and got up at 3am. Oh my god, I was in such a deep sleep. I stayed awake w/ him getting back up the hill. Hardly any traffic so we made good time getting back up here. I still hate being on the interstate at night. As we got past the sedona exit we notice lots of lights up above. Going south bound was a big line of vehicles lined up not moving. Found out later a truck over turned and the guy died. Cars were being divereted thru Sedona and the tractor trailers had to wait. Glad it wasnt the other way. Dropped JJ off and came home and crashed til 8:30. I am still tired.
We are talking about going out to dinner tonight downtown and getting drinks. Seeing the pine cone drop at 10pm. They do it for the families since its midnight in New York. Go back to his place after and hang out. Get some rest and wake up together in the new year!
I am truely looking forward to the new year. I have so much hope for 2008. I know JJ doesnt because he feels like it will take months for him to catch up on bills. I have to decide what my new goals are for the next year. So far the last 2 years I have met them.
Oh my wierd feeling was when we left the hotel and this song came on from Billy Ray Cyrus about his ex getting married. This Sat Terry gets married. It struck the weirdest feeling in me. It made me sad for a few minutes. Then JJ reached over and held my hand and gave me a look w/ a smile. Its such a trip to think he is already going to remarry. I know Sat I will have to do something positive like workout for sure because I think Sat will put me in a wierd mood. This too will all past. I have also realized how lucky I am to have this man in my life who shows me so much love and appreciation. What I didnt get before. So on that note I am going to relax alittle more and then get in the shower and get ready for my evening w/ my man to bring in the new year.
I hope all have a wonderful evening together w/ whoever you celebrate w/. Will think about my new goals tomorrow. Happy New Years!

No comments: