Thursday, July 17, 2008

Beautiful Memorial Service

It was a very beautiful service today for Jr. The mortuary was full, standing in the lobby and outside listening on the speakers. 2/3 of it was kids. But it was amazing at how the community was there. Detectives, juvi personal, friends that we have made, neighbors and landlord, and more. There wasnt a dry eye in the room. Everyone cried and cried. Our community is mourning over a loss of this teenager. But it felt good to hear really good things about jr. I even got up there and spoke and told everyone how much I will miss and Love jr. There were beautiful flowers. And alot of love. I know it helped JJ to get thru such an aweful time. He appreciated it so much.
I just got done emptying out my car, packing a bag and getting stuff done on the computer. I will be heading over back to JJ's to spend the night but not really the night. We are going to pack the car when I get there so when we get up at 2am to leave for Cal then we can just go.
I think we are getting a hotel room part of the time so that him and I can have some alone time, down time. Its been a whirlwind this week and so once the service is done and it has settled down then we can finally have time together to just relax and talk. I am going to alow our conversation to go where it will. Nothing preplanned by any means. Right now we need each other to get thru this. And then we will be driving back on Monday together so we will have time alone to talk and just enjoy the drive home.
This next service will be so different. It will be a catholic mass and it will be alot of family and their friends out there. There will be a big cookout at his one brother's house after. So it will be as beautiful as well.
Well off to finish additional stuff and head back to JJ's. Hope all have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

John D. said...

Letera,

Please forgive the late response on this, I am so sorry for your loss. I started to respond earlier and was interrupted and never finished until now. I dohope that you and Jr.'s dad are coping. It's just awful thing. So sad that someone so young is taken.

Blessings to you and your loved ones.