I am finally home. We got up at 2:30 this morning to drive back so we would get back at around 10. Did it. Long drive - 6 to 7 hours. I know for some its like driving to Dallas from where I lived before.
The weekend went well. The Mass on Sat was very beautiful and again alot of people, family and friends. I dont even know where to start.
We left early Friday morning. About the same time. Got there, dropped off jr's mom and her son. Went on to his mom and dad's house for a few. Went over to his brother's house and took Shekei to hang out w/ her cousins. We also went to a resturant called Legends. The most fatting food ever. I actually ate. This whole last week I couldnt eat as much, which a good thing for losing weight and clothes getting looser. Then went onto the oldest brothers house to go shop for the cookout after the service. We got there and his brother rides a harley and is a member of a motorcycle club. They raised a $1000.00 to help w/ expenses. We spent 1/2 on a hugh cookout. also gas, hotel room for us to stay all weekend. It was a hugh help.
Finally by that afternoon we were beat. Went and got a room and relaxed.
Used the jucuzzi and just had time to relax and be together. It was nice actually. We needed it badly. It was good to be there for each other. In every way.
Then we got up Sat to head to his mom and dad's before the service. Talk to them while they got ready. We then headed over to the church to be there early to greet people. I met K's mom and step dad. Very sweet people. She was glad that he had me there to help him. Anyway the service was good. We headed over to his older brother's house for the cookout after. I never know what you are suppose to call the meal after. Wierd to me. We were there for several hours. At one point I laid down to close my eyes. I just needed to rest. Got up, ate, and not to long after jj said I know we are having troubles but we will talk later about them.
I appreciated that.
A little time had past and JJ and his brothers are walking thru the house w/ a wierd look on their faces. His older brother comes in and tells me that JJ had snapped. He became angry. I was waiting for this to come out. But all of sudden he picked up the table and threw it over the fence, chairs and walked thru a fence as his brother said he was like the Kool aid dude coming thru the fence. I walked out there and he was sitting and I hugged him and he was crying. I told him its okay. Its part of the grieving process. I just let him cry for a few and then he said he needed to get out of there. So I took him back to the same hotel we stayed at. He laid down and fell asleep for a few. Later his other brother came over w/ his wife and we went and sat in the Jacuzzi. It was nice to relax. His brother is so fricken funny. He had us laughing. It was a good ending to the day.
We got up on Sunday and met up w/ Shekei and got Jr and the other stuff. We had to bring jr back so they could add some of his ashes to the necklaces that are ordered. Very nice thing that you could do w/ the ashes to keep for ever. They picked tear drops in silver and gold and a dove plus some finger prints.
Took Shekei to Bravo Burgers. JJ's favorite. Went to the mall to waste time waiting on the girls mom and her husband. Once they left to go back to phoenix JJ and I headed out to Newport beach. It was so awesome. I daydreamed about renting a place, work at the local hospital, and be near the beach for a short time. I say this everywhere I go. We only stayed maybe 30 minutes after driving an hour to get there and back but it wasnt about hanging out. It was about seeking comfort and giving myself some peace in my heart and my soul. We came back and after saying byes to the family we headed back to the hotel for rest. We then talked a little.
Today we drove home by ourselves and talked a little more. He talked about our future. He wants to take me to Laughlin for a mini vacation. Its close and cheaper then vegas. One or 2 nites. He said just like we did in Prescott. We had such a great time. I told him I think that sounds great. We need it badly.
We got back to his place and I hung out for a little while w/ him. He wanted to go lay down and I offered to lay there w/ him but he wanted time to himself. He hadnt done that since all this has happened. I totally understood. He ended up getting his running around done and now he is waiting to meet w/ the prosecuter at 2pm.
For the 1st time there was nothing on the front page of the paper since this all happened. It will be a nice break for how ever long it will be for.
Sorry this blog is so long. And its the minimal details.
It feels good to be home to just relax today. Tomorrow I am off work so far which is my actualy day off. I want to go work out doing Jazz. Work on my yard and help Dido paint a wall. I also have my counseling session to go to at 3pm. It will be a somewhat full day. What ever I get done I get done.
Hope all are doing well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment