Monday, December 1, 2008

Home!

Home for awhile. Cant believe my trip is over. It went by so fast. Had such an awesome time. We all enjoyed our time together.
It started out driving down to Phoenix to JJ's. Got there and we took off for Buffalo Wild Wings. Had fun. Got back and enjoyed just being together, making our plans for Thursday. We got up early early and picked up the girls and took off down the I-10 to California. The girls crashed big time and I took a short nap.
We got to San dimas at around 8:30am. Went to see his parents. They were invited over to his brother's for dinner but they choose not to come over. So hung out with them for a few and then to his brother's. The turkey was cooking. The house smelled good. All of the cousins hung out and the adults hung out. It was chilly. We were in the garage with the heater on drinking beer. Eventually doing shots of Jager and monster, just 2 total. Dinner turned out to be so yummy. Turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes, gravy, green been caserole, deviled eggs, stouver's macroni and cheese, and last but not lease, mind you I was the only one who ate it but canned cranberry sauce. I love it. It was so delisc.Backing up a few hours, the girls and I had a talk. At 1st when we got the girls I felt very self conscious considering everything that just came out last week. But anyway I broke down crying and the girls came out and talked to me. I told them I was hurt and was so sorry that they got hurt. We talked it out and they do want to have time with me still as a family. We told each other we loved each other and I just told them how much they meant to me. They felt the same way. I am so glad we got that taken care of.
So anyway, the rest of the day we just hung out and relaxed. Friday slept in, which was awesome. Saw his parents and they left shortly after to go to Big lots and so we left and got some KFC. His other brother and wife and kiddo's came over. Discussed our fishing trip on Sat. I was so excited about fishing. I do love it and miss it big time.
We got up at 3am to drive to Corona lake which was only 45 mins away. They stock it every wed, but the recording said stock Friday and open on Sat. Come to find out it was Stocked Wed to open on Friday. So off we go and sit in a line waiting for it to open. They have 2 shifts to fish at this lake, the 1st shift 6am to 3pm, 2nd 6pm to 3am, I think. So all of us slept in the car except JJ's Brother R. They opened up and we went in and put the boat in the water. It was very small but cute. Shore line and then on the other side, clifts. Clean bathrooms plus lots of porta potties. More shore people then boat people but you could rent a small boat to go out on it.
JJ caught the 1st trout, Lisa caught a trout and a croppie, and I caught the biggiest Trout. R didnt catch anything. He owns all the equipment, boat, bait and didnt catch a thing. Poor baby. But we had a good time all the same. JJ the night before felt like he should take the girls to see Ker's mom and step dad and his parents on Sat but because I was so excited about going Fishing we went fishing. He was glad on Sat that he did because it was something fun for us to do. It was great bonding time with his brother and wife. We did cook the trout on the grill that night and it was so yummy.
We were in bed by 7pm because we had to get up at around 1 to leave at 1:30am to get the girls home before or at 8am. They were leaving at 9am to drive to Williams to do the polar express. With the time difference of losing an hour we had to leave that early.We made it in 5 Hours and 15mins. We got them home and got some breakfast and laid down for awhile. We decided to go see 4 christmas's. OMG how funny. I recommend this holiday movie highly, no kids. Too funny.
We then stayed at his place and just relaxed. It was nice. He didnt have to get up til almost 5am for work. So we didnt have to hurry our evening along. He was so affectionate. He really put out the effort. It was nice.
He had time inbetween his jobs and went got some lunch be fore I headed up the hill. So all in all my trip was a success. I had an awesome Thanksgiving.
Now its back to get ready for the week of work. I need to go to counseling tomorrow after work and then off to work out. Time to work off the holiday calories big time. I am not gaining my weight back on. No way.
Hope all had a great Thanksgiving I will need to catch up on everyone's blogs.

No comments: