I had a good day today. I thought I was going to wake up really tired because I had a wierd time right before I fell asleep. I was laying in bed and trying to fall asleep and my back was inflamed and I just became really sad. This was the 2 year mark of my being apart from Terry. I started feeling sorry for myself for no reason mind you. JJ called to say good nite and after that I relaxed and fell asleep w/ only 6 hours or so to sleep. But anyway I got up and didnt feel to bad. I also made sure I took my vitamins. I take Calcium w/ mag and vit d at night to rest and the main one during the day. I couldnt believe what a difference it made. I accomplished getting my ect charts done, all 9 of them. Took 3 1/2 hours to do it. But I could feel better knowing I was all caught up until tomorrow when 2 of the patients come for their ect. Work was slow. I got to spend time w/ JJ for alittle while. Aunt Flow is in town so no intimate time together. But just visiting. I did go work out today and that felt good. Came home and ate turkey and corn w/ a small glass of wine. After this weekend I will be committed to no alcohol. I also made my cut off time tonight the 2 hours before I go to bed. I did pass up curly fries today. Ate better. So all in all it was a good day!
Last nite JJ invited me to to meet at Bunn Huggers for a couple beers and a burger. I passed on the fries again last night. Got to meet one of his friends from work. He was very nice. Once his friend left we talked about the future, his kiddos, and us. We talked about where we want to move to and I think we are really leaning towards Phoenix. I know its hot as hell for a few months but if I lived there, I need a good air conditioning and a pool. He is suffering thru the aweful cold to be near me so I can sacrified for him. Absolutely. This way we could be near his girls which I know he wants and I do to. We love to go do things down there. And there is always alot to do from concerts, sports, good resturants, shopping, being near the airport to travel instead of driving 2 to 21/2 hours. I know we have another year or so, and things could change but you know I am a planner and it gives me something to look forward to. I would love California but I cant afford to live there. And eventually when Sammy gets older we could then live where ever we want. Dont have to think about a certain part of the United States. We are in this together for the long run. So thats another awesome thing.
Well he talked to the girls mom and he is going to stay here this weekend and go see them next weekend when I am working. So he will be going w/ me to the wedding and reception. It should be so much fun. I cant wait to get dressed up. I am wearing my same outfit from Christmas. Its so pretty and it makes me feel beautiful.
One of the girls at work invited me to her yoga studio on Sunday afternoon for 4pm free of charge to do a yoga class. Smart on her part, drums up business. Her husband and her own a rock climbing gym and now this place. This class will be easy and done by a physical therapist. I think good stretching is what I need to become more flexible. It might help my back and left shoulder. I decide this is my year to accomplish my goal of feeling better, being healthier, and looking better. I am really enjoying that book I bought on the best of life diet. It really is good reading and great reasoning for what he recommends. I recommended it highly. If any of you get it, let me know what you think.
Well its time to start winding down and get ready for bed here shortly and read. I want to have this book read up to the point that I need for phase I of this life style change.
1) Get moving!
2) cut off eating 2 hours before bedtime.
3) drink 6 8oz glassed of water, more if you are sweating more. Working on this one!
4) Take a good multivitamin
5) dont worry about what you eat the 1st 4 weeks - Like this!
6) weigh and put the scale away til the 4 weeks past
7) No alcohol for the 1st phase - hard one!
So thats basically the beginning! If you should accept this challenge, Good luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No, I won't be getting the book. I am a firm believer that you have to do stuff like that on your own. Diets don't work. If you are made to give up stuff you love, you will never succeed. I think the secret is moderation and slow, long-term changes, but changes you can live with.
Good luck to you though, I hope it all works for you.
Good luck!
Post a Comment