Thursday, May 29, 2008

Congrats!

Congrats to me. 1st week, 5lb weight loss. It really works. I know the 1st week is more about fluid then fat lost but you know what, thats okay. Its encouraging to do good again this week. The meeting was good. Learned about how to handle vacation. Gave a new recipe for fruit/vegi/herb seasoning salad. Its sounds yummy. I will have to make it. We talked about where we want to be in Sept. She gave us a story board on a paper on how we want to get there. My goal for Sept is to be able to tuck my shirt in my jeans and look good. So there we go. I am putting that on my mirror in my bathroom so when I get up each morning and look at it, it gives me motivation.

Last nite went well. We had such a nice time together. I got my walk in of 2 miles w/ this girl from work, her name is c. She went thru a messy divorce also and has a restrainting order against him. I just love her. She has blossomed into such a strong beautiful woman since I have known her for several years. We were both getting off at the same time and had found out that each of us were going for a walk at Buffalo Park so it went well. Did it in 45 mins.
Then I got home and got done what I needed to, grapped his gift and came back to town. Got his ice cream cake and a candle that when you light it, plays the tune of Happy Birthday. I got to his place before him and had it ready to go. As I was lighting the candle he said you dont have to sing happy birthday and just as he finished the last word the tune started playing. We laughed. He was so appreciative. Then I gave him his birthday card and he just loved it. I had him close his eyes because I didnt have enough time to wrap his gift and so while he was sitting in his chair I brought the gift in and put it in lap. He opened it up and his eyes and his smile got so big and he was so happy and thankful. But then we discovered it wont work w/ his satelite radio. So I am returning and going on line to fine the one that does, because his model is discontinued. I was so disappointed needless to say but he said its the thought that matters and he gave me a big kiss and hug. We then went out to Oregano's for dinner.
We each ordered and then ordered their cheesy garlic bread. The waitress was new and so we got our meals and asked about the bread and she appologized. The manager came over and appologized and offered to box one up so we could take it w/ us. We told him no we were in no hurry and he could bring it to us when ever. He said he would remove the charge, we told him no. We asked him about the sauce on JJ's meal because my man is not a fan of tomatoes. He loves tomatoe sauce but hates biting into them. Well anyway we continue our meal and cont to have beer and wine, enjoying ourselves and we get the bill and to go boxes and they took his meal and the garlic bread off the bill. That was over $35.00. We were in shock. The waitress must have appologized 10 times and we told her not to worry about it. So we tipped well and loved the good customer care and we will keep going back. They are about pleasing the public.
So needless to say it turned out to be such a great time. We headed back to the house and split a small piece of ice cream cake. A couple of bites each.
Jr came home and I had a couple of minutes alone w/ him. Got to have a conversation w/ him by asking him how his job is going. What his plan was for school and asked about the damn tattoe on his neck. He said okay on the 1st, looking into a high school here in town that kids in trouble go and he could work on getting 5 more credits toward his diploma and graduate w/ a diploma. I said you know you could get your ged and go back to cooking school. But he said it would look better if I had a diploma. He said they dont mess around. If you are sleeping in class the probation officer will lock them up for the day. I said you need to really think about this decision and if you could do this. He agreed. He said the needle was sterile, but wouldnt tell the meaning behind it. But he did say he regretted ever doing it. I told him later he could always pay to have it removed. I pretty much told him, you know I will always be up front w/ him. He said he knew that. So all in all it was a good conversation and my 1st since he has been back. I really hope he can turn his life around. It would be the biggiest waste ever if he didnt. So time will tell.
But anyway we went on to bed and sometime after we fell asleep he woke me up and we had birthday sex. What I can remember, because I had taken an ambien to try to sleep the whole night, was good.
We got to see each other today for a little while and he is out w/ the guys at our favorite place watching the game. We are going to try to get together tomorrow if he gets back in town early. He is going to go to phoenix for the night so Sunday he will pick me up so we can go out w/ the girls for breakfast. We will then drive back up together.
I am getting excited about the weekend. The concert is going to be so awesome. I cant wait to see Keith Urban up close. That will make the weekend. He is so damn cute and such a hot aussie!
Hope all are doing well!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Congrats on the weight loss. That's fabulous!

John D. said...

Congrats indeed!