Have I mentioned how much I hate the fuckin wind. Here we go again. We get teased by 1 nice day that gives you hope to be able to work in the yard and bam its taken away.
Same for tomorrow.
So I got off and was going to come home and try to work alittle in the front of the house. And I found another nail place that takes walk ins so I could get my pedicure for my trip. I have trying to get a pedicure for weeks. But this place is on my side of town, yea for that. During the week not as busy so it will be easy to walk in. And the lady convinced me to do a manicure, which I never do. Glad I did, my nails look good. It only cost $35.00 for both. Tipped $10.00, $5.00 for each person.
Being in the nursing profession, you are not suppose to wear fake nails of any kind, holds bacteria, leads to nasty infections possible MRSA. I usually and most people I work w/ dont even put polish on due to chipping leading to holding bacteria in the nail, leading to possible infections. I am around some nasty stuff. In fact we are eventually adding another isolation room due to MRSA and VRE. Alot of this people have and are in the community and dont know it. Thats why I always wipe down the handle to the cart. Gross stuff. 2 people from infection control did a study and touched a bed that a patient had MRSA. The person who touched shook the other persons hand and then they cultured their hands and they both had MRSA. The people who are the worse about not being careful are the docs. They must think they are immuned. So warning to all, go to the doc, if he doesnt wash his hands and touches you, ask him or her to wash their hands. And whats crazy things are getting so immuned to anitbiotics due to our over use of these drugs. Crazy Crazy! Okay off my soap box.
So needless to say since I cant be outside, I am inside doing stuff. Going thru my mail for one and came across a sam's renewal bill for Terry and his new wife Vanessa. Wierd to see it in writing now. But how stupid can you be when you dont make sure your address is changed at the places you do business. I still get stuff for him. I Throw it away.
Took a nice nap this afternoon and now ready to work some more. I guess next will be vacuming. My house isnt a diaster but needs to be cleaned. I am not going to be nuts about this but just to walk in and see it somewhat clean will feel good on the return portion of my trip.
I am getting so excited about my trip to Dallas/ft worth. We are going to have such a great time. It will truely be so fun. I will miss my honey for sure.
On call tonight but feel pretty good about it. I dont have to be in til 7:30 and if I get called in, I could go in just a little bit later and get most of my hours in. I have really totally changed my attitude on so many things and I truely feel at peace. Amazing. Want to work harder and know that I am working towards something great. I know I can do what ever I set my mind to. I most of the time, 99% of the time, accomplish what I set out to do.
Again I am so blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment