I am absolutely exhausted today. My patient didnt come out til 4:15am and then I took him to his room by 5:30am. I left work and left them a note I wouldnt be in til 9am. So I thought I would go home and catch an hours sleep and then get up. I got home and was taking my trash can out to the street when the wind, which is blowing so damn hard, picked up this big plastic heavy trashcan and fell to the ground. Part of the trash blew away and the rest I got back in the can. So I then attempt to take the trash can to the street and the lid gets blown up and it hits me upside the right side of my head and face. It hurt so bad. I was cursing the wind and crying at the same time, it hurt so bad. My right side of my face is swollen, my jaw is sore, and it hurts to chew. I will defiately have a bruise on cheek bone.
So I proceeded to go in and get a little nap and was just so tired and hurting. I got dressed and there was a traffic jam after I leave my area and get on the main road. They are replacing the traffic light pole on one of the corners. I left my house at 8:15 and didnt get past this part of the road til 8:45. It normally takes me 30mins to get to the hospital from my house. I did go thru the drive thru and got Dido and I coffee. Skinny mocha, should have told them sugar free also, too sweet.
But anyway, I got to work, got a patient and they sent me home and hour and 1/2 later. Thank god. I decided I am not a mom. A mom can do what they have to and they go on hardly any sleep. I am a wimp. Tonight is time for an ambien and sleep to feel like new tomorrow.
I do stop at the cvs and get a couple of cards, mother's day card, birthday card for Val, and a thank you card from Dido and I to Val and her husband for letting us stay w/ them. I talk to Val today and we are both so damn excited about seeing each other.
Dido and I are getting together tomorrow after work at her place to finalize our plans. I need to go to the post office while I wait on her to get done w/ work and her doc appt. Then I will come home and work on the packing and clothes situation. Caual and business attire. I will have both to wear. I defiately have that since I have shopped over the last several months for this. If I dont vacumn tonight then tomorrow for sure. Meet up w/ JJ to stay w/ him tomorrow nite. So we have time together. I did decide once he gets up at 3am I will get up and take off to my house and go back to bed til 7:30 or so and get up to get ready for my week of fun, fun, fun. I still cant believe its here and I am gone a whole week. Make my man miss me even more and me the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ouch! Now that's what I call a bad day!
(BTW... I'm a science major. Marine Biology to be exact... :o)
Ouch...I hate the f'ing wind too. We have high winds yesterday and today. It sucks! I want to ride my bike to work to save on gas but I HATE to ride in the wind.
Post a Comment