I am proud of myself and with the help of a few friends I did not pick up the phone to talk to JJ. It was very hard but I am so glad I waited. He finally called at around 7pm. He had taken a long Letera, as he calls it, and then worked on the van w/ his dad and his brother. He called me again 20 mins later to let me know he was heading over there. You cant talk on your phone in the car unless you have a blue tooth because you will get a ticket big time. Expensive apparently.
He was going to pick up his other son. He lives in california w/ his mom and grandmother. I met them all at the service in Cal. Very nice people. He wants to talk some sense into him about his one way ticket to NY to be w/ some girl that is going to college out there. He is 18 and doesnt even work. Then he was hoping to take him out for a movie or dinner. But they were going to talk 1st. Tomorrow he was so excited his friend from high school lives down the street from his one brother. Well they use to go to the angels baseball game and his friends schedule of doing hair is slow so they are going to the game together. Thats his favorite baseball team. He usually does a guy trip in Kingman or somewhere there is this huge lake. And this friends cousin. I met both and like both very much. I saw them again at the service in Cal. We talk alot about what happened and how JJ was doing.
Afterwards he is going to try to get together w/ K's mom and stepdad, his wife that died, for dinner. Then he wants to head to the beach to think about what he wants to do. Probably Newport beach where he took me a few weeks ago. That would be a great beach to go do some thinking. Just gorgeous. He use to go there as a kid all the time and with his friends. I told him I am so excited for him.
I also told him I was working on a project for him. I found a frame that I can make a copy of this great pic of jr. It makes you smile when you look at it. There is a oval shape place under where the pic will go and I am going to have jr's poem enlarged and put under it. He thought it was awesome that I was doing something for him. He doesnt know that this is what it is.
I want to print his poem here for every one to read. It was about his grandmother but it just showed what a great writer he was and his thought process when he did it. I hope you all enjoy reading it. It will make a tear come to your eye. so just a warning.
Forever in our Hearts
I hope your smile is everlasting
just like your unconditional love
Please watch over me from above
I will see you at home
when it is my turn to rest
Written by Jr June 2007
So there you go. I hope it makes jj smile when he looks at it and not sad. It is put together w/ love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment