Friday, June 20, 2008

red ants

I forgot how much when red ants bite you how it feels like a red hot poker. I was getting the tilling done and didnt have much left, and my butt and the back of my legs were on fire. I had tennis shoes, socks, and jeans on and they went thru the damn jeans. I was sweating and hot anyway so I thought I will take a break and get in the shower and wash off and put something on these bites. They dont hurt anymore.
Once I got lunch and made a list I headed to home depot and ended up buying 8 tall ever green bushes/trees. They are about 3 feet now and can grown to 15 feet tall and 3 ft wide. Help maybe with some wind block. Eventually. Got what I needed to plant it with and then off to the flame broiler for beef, vegies, and a little brown rice. It is the yummiest stuff and very healthy.
I came home and went thru the double gate in my back yard and back my truck in and unloaded everything. Then headed back to town and went to the local nursery and found 6 more bushes that produce flowers. One has yellow flowers. The others have green and yellow folliage and will produce these beautiful blue color flowers. So now I have to think about how to arrange them. Just putting them in the back yard lining them out to see how they might look, what a difference it will make. I am on my way. Its so funny because in doing all this I thought why havent I done this before. What held me back, My ex that is what. He didnt want to put anything back there except trying to grown grass. I have a septic system so it does make it hard and who ever fence in this yard made it small so it makes it even harder figuring out what to do. So anyway its all part of the making something your own.
I was going to head back into town a 3rd time to go by grocery store and maybe meet up w/ Dido and others for a beer but I am exhausted. JJ is out w/ co workers and friends so thats kool. Tomorrow afternoon to Sunday morning is our time together. He is planning on coming back here and staying w/ me.
The problem about it now is that he found out today from the probation officer that jr is on house arrest and no one told JJ. So this kid has been working and having an attitude and not caring about anything. Thursday cant come soon enough.
Oh I looked at a lawn mower today at home depot once I am done doing this planting this weekend I will look into that.
I guess I am headed back into the back yard to maybe do some more tilling now that I killed most of the ants. I really want most of it done before tomorrow. Its getting cooler out so this would be the time.
Hope all have a great weekend!

No comments: