This weekend has been so wonderful. I am tired big time. Alot has been done which is always good. Today is a somewhat of a downtime kind of day.
My friend and her daughter came over and dug the holes and planted the bushes, all 14 of them. They look great. I love it. The yard is transforming big time. Took 4 hours and well worth what I paid them. I would have never gotten them all done in 14 hours. It was hot out there, the clouds formed for a little while. I cooked them a good breakfast so they enjoyed that. With the fence being gone and the bushes being planted, omg, what a difference already. I need to take more pics of my progress.
I then took a shower and headed to meet up w/ JJ. His son has become out of control w/ the phone so he went and bought himself a new phone and service thru verizon. He said he made a mistake having jr on our service because he used alot of our minutes already. I totally understood. Met up w/ him at this place and we took off to this place called Mormor Lake lodge. Rustic kind of place. About a 45 minute drive of lakes and pine trees and its just gorgeous. It turned out to be a late lunch/early dinner by the time we got out there. They have a 1/2 lb burger that has their barbeque sauce, has a couple of oninon rings, cheese, and some fixins to go on it and a side of steak fries. Yesterday was defiately my day to splurge. I used my extra weekly points in one day. It was just nice to just have time to sit and visit and not think about anyone but us. Talked about the wedding and he got the card for the rehearsal dinner which is at a methodist church. Dont know where the dinner is. It will all be good.
From lunch we drove and pulled over at upper lake mary. Walked down to the water and sat on some rocks. It felt so good to be near water. Watching the boats and the little ski do's, I guess thats what you call them. It was peaceful and good for the soul. Drove alittle further and stopped again and hung out. I need to drive out there more often for my fill of water. The area is just gorgeous. It was so green everywhere.
We then headed back to town and stopped at his place so he could get what he needed to spend the night. We went on to the mall and went to the verizon store so I could look at phones and service. I get a discount thru the hospital and with my credit, I didnt get charged but an ativation fee. I like flip phones and I am perfectly fine w/ t9 texting. Its easier for me. I ended up getting their best flip phone and bought a good package that includes the internet and gps. The phone was originally $259.00 and I got it for $99.00. My package is the supreme which has alot of minutes and all the bells and whistles for $90.00/month. Great discount thru the hospital. And its red, a real pretty red. I am not a red person but I like it. We headed to the bar near the house and the owner was there who we know and enjoyed just hanging out. Didnt know anyone else for a change. I got turned on to Absolute Rasberry vodka and 7-up. OMG that goes down way to smooth. I am going to have to look at stocking that in my pantry. Yummy! Had a few beers prior to and then tried that and had a couple of those. It was about 9 and we were both fading. Tired. So we came home, watched weeds and went to bed. Fell right to sleep. Slept hard. Woke up at 6:30 or so and hung out for a few and then he needed to get home and I needed to get watering. My evergreen bushes are going to require a lot of water for the next couple of weeks to take and not die. Then they should be good.
I put the soaker hoses out there and the 2 I have is perfect to water most of mystuff by just turning on the faucet. Except there is a leak at the part of the hose where you put it to the faucet. I need to find that tape and wrap it around and see if I can stop that. I also need to rinse off the tiller and take it back to the neighbors. I am going to go buy them a gift card to a resturant for lunch or dinner to thank them for the use of it. Maybe Oreganos.
Today is softball practice for my coworkers and JJ. Its at 1 and I am going to head into town to watch them. Should be fun.
Hope all are having a good weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment