I broke down today and found a dress for the wedding. There is not much choice here. So off to Dillards and JC Penny's. Didnt find a thing at JC Penny's and they had so many beautiful dresses that are after 5 but for sizes 6 thru 10. Okay so I am not any of those. I did find this one dress that was absolutely gorgeous and fit nicely and looked so good on but it was $180.00. I just couldnt do it. So I kept shopping and found several other dresses and found several black and white that looked good on. The girl at the store talked me into happy colors, not black for a wedding. I said okay. So I kept looking. I did find a 2 piece that just looks so good on. Its lilac in color and has a floral print w/ green leaves, and a slight silver in it also. The way it was made it was so flattering and it just looked so good on. And the best part is it was on sale. The girl said I saved $110.00. I paid $54.00. Then I went on to the shoe department and found a white pair of sandles to go w/ it that dont go over the top part of my foot near my ankle because it is still swollen. Little heel but matches it perfect. And they were on sale for $29.00. Woohoo doing great. Still need a bag, no biggie. I can find that no problem.
But whats funny is I looked over at this lady that the sales girl was helping and told her how much I loved the sandles she was trying on. The sales girl brought those out in my size and you could adjust the strap over the top of of the foot that they felt so good. They are born's. Born shoes are so comfy. They werent on sale and so I paid $49.00. Oh well, I did so well on everything else that I couldnt resist. So now I have a cute pair of sandles as well.
so I am so happy over my buys today. JJ called while I was at the store and was so excite and just told him I want him to be proud of me on his arm. He said I am always proud of you and I said well I just want to look good for you and he said you always look good. AS always he says the right thing. Thats one of the reasons I love him. He usually knows how to make me fell good.
So I can knock that off my list. Woohoo.
Got off work alittle early today. An hour but not complaining except in trying to get off early I didnt take a lunch and I started getting such a headache and my eyes were bothering me. I didnt smile or anything towards the end and I should of because I found out I am getting a raise.
Every year at this this time the hospital does the budget and decide on how money will given out. And every year since I have been there I have gotten 2 raises a year. I have never seen anything like it. I know Biker you will hate this but because the nurses are the majority and they are so in demand they attempt to keep up w/ the pay around the country for nurses. Mind you I am always so blown away. Last year at this time was a $1.00/hr. This year $2.12 w/ an extra $.25hr under 8 years and $.50/hr over 8 years. And then in September is my yearly eval which is the minimal 5%. Which for me being on my own and paying this high mortgage I need every penny I can get but at the same time I am always so thankful for whatever they give me because I didnt get hardly anything where I came from. Its funny one year they gave us cheap camera's and pedometers and I was so thankful because like I said they didnt give us shit where I came from so I am truely thankful for anything. I am always truely amazed at how much I do make and never imagined in a million years I would make this. I do know that when I leave here I will take somewhat of a pay cut but thats okay, Phoenix is a cheaper place to live. I will just have to built it back up.
I am truely blessed for everything in my life. Thank you God!
On a different note, JJ is on his way home and supposely jr is home. What do you say to a kid who has been gone a week and is going to court tomorrow and going to jail. I dont have a clue except I would want to beat the crap out of him. I said this to JJ and he said I will figure it out. He is so tired and he said lucky me for having to deal w/ this crap after another 14 hour day. I hope this kid doesnt run and faces the music tomorrow. It will be a relief to know he is safe. See what happens tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thanks for your comment, the more the merrier.
I will read your blog later (I've just arrived at work, :P)
Well, depending on the formality of the wedding, I think black is perfectly acceptable. Brandi's wedding was very formal and my dress was black to match the wedding. Her colors were black and white with an accent color of a lime green. If it's formal, then a black dress is ok. Most of the audience in the wedding were dressed in black as well. What colors were on the invitation? I would pick a dress that matched the wedding colors since you are going to be escorted by one of the wedding party. I'm sure what you got is just fine though. I hope you have a great time!
Let us know how it works out with Jr. I feel so bad for JJ to have to deal with it all. It's got to be so sad to watch your child get taken away to jail perhaps.
Post a Comment