I will get into the title in a minute or so. Needless to say the concert was awesome. Sammy Hagar, Keith Urban, and Kenny Chesnee was all awesome. They open the roof to the stadium after the sun went down so it was just awesome. Keith is absolutely a hot aussie. He is just way to cute. His smile, eyes are so happy, and he is just to damn cute. Love Love Love him.
We got to hotel and our room was really nice. Caught a cab and it took us what they call West gate which includes resturants, bars, shops. It is in walking distance to the coyotes stadium where I went to see Bon Jovi and then to the cardinals stadium Very cool place and I could see that being a very fun place to go to on a Saturday nite. Jeni and I were starving. So because all these places were full and had a big waiting line we ended up at a japanese resturant and enjoyed some really good sushi. OMG, just melt in your mouth good. Met some couple sitting next to us and the chick bought us some saki. We really liked her. Her fiance and her have been friends for 14 years and have been engaged for 4 months. Nice. Jeni and I got to really catch up and talked about the B thing. So she knows how we all feel where he is concerned and how we love her and her son and it will just take time to trust him again.
We then headed over to Margaritaville for drinks. Had a new amber beer, very good. Cant remember the name, had a shot of cabo wabo, yummy. We then headed to the concert, Gary allen just finished and so it worked out perfect to get a beer and our seats and wait for Sammy Hagar. He was good. We then went and got a tshirt. Mine is a pinkist red w/ Kenny chesnee on it and a beach scene. Put it on right away.
Keith Urban came on and I was in heaven watching him. They opened the roof and alittle while later Kenny comes on. Great show. A good time had by all.
This is where the attack part comes in. This is the part where the f_ _cked up part comes in. We are trying to get a cab, hardly any to be had. An hour and half goes by and a cab comes up and so I go to grab it and get in. I call for Jeni and this mexican couple come up and yell this is our cab. Well the next thing I know this chick is coming thru the cab at me and out the door I am going and backing away and my foot hits a sign and I go down. And the next thing I know they are gone and I cant hardly walk on my foot. I just started crying because I felt humiliated, which is stupid, since this chick was a fricken wierdo. But also because I was hurting so badly. It swelled up immediately. Luckily some couple saw it and they got a cab and was staying at the same hotel and we got to ride w/ them. Got up to the room limping and just plan hurting. Got on the bed and put my foot on the pillows. Jeni got me a bag of ice. Called JJ and know him what the happen and so I took some ibuprofen and I fell asleep. Didnt know when the pizza arrived. Didnt care about food anymore.
Woke up the next morning it was pretty swollen, hurt to walk on big time. Ate a piece of pizza and took more ibuprofen. Went back to sleep and got woke up by a text from JJ to see if I was still alive. After awhile I got up and took a shower and got ready. He headed over the hotel w/ the girls because we wanted to see each other. Took them home and headed back to flagstaff. By then my foot was just hurting big time. Went straight to the hospital and they got me right back and was seen quickly, got xrays done and thank god no broken bones. I didnt think I broke it because I could put weight on it and wiggle my toes but you never know. Their is a little bone chip and if you didnt know what you were looking at you wouldnt even know because its not out of place. Just there. No surgery. Thank god. Got a boot, some compression stockings and crutches. Pain pills and ibuprofen 800mg called in. JJ took me home, stopped and he went in to get my pills and then he took me home. Brought in everthing from the car, gave me water and my pills, and got me ice before the cab got to my house. He took a cab home. I paid for it because that was not in the plans and that was money he needed to pay his bills with. No biggie. Cab here is so much cheaper then down in phoenix. I was so ready for the pills to work because my foot was throbbing. crutches really helped alot.
Last nite I soaked my feet in epson salt, took more pills and went to bed. I slept great. Today I can feel where the pain is coming from. The point where the chip is, warm to touch. I can put more pressure on it. I only took the ibuprofen after I made some breakfast to get food in my stomach. I have it elevated on a chair and pillow right now while I am on the computer. I need to get some laundry done so I have something to wear. I will probably work in preadmissions for the next 3 days on lite duty. I can interview people who are having surgery and keep my foot elevated. So at lease I wont miss any work. I was worried about all that. I am on call this weekend so that will be interested but I will be fine. It will just take time to heal. Lots of soft tissue damage.
So there you go. Crazy Crazy Crazy. My parents said you know if you were living here we could take care of you. I said I love you and thank you but no way will I live there. Sorry. My mom said I know.
Otherwise will be catch up time on tivo and computer business. At lease I will be able to drive. Worried because it was my right foot.The boot will help with all that.
You just never know how your day is going to go. But I do know I am very lucky and know that it could have been worse. So thank you god!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh man...I'm so sorry! It reminds me of our cab story at the Pink Floyd concert at Texas Stadium years ago though. Remind me to tell you about it sometime. At least in our story, no one got hurt...that we know of anyway!
I hope you heal quickly.
OMG! I don't know if you saw this at my place or not, but I saw Keith & Carrie Underwood in April, best concert I've ever seen!
I saw Carrie Underwood a year ago this past thanksgiving at 1/2 time at the Dallas Cowboy game in Dallas. She was very good.
Love Love Love Keith.
Post a Comment